Effective May 25, 2018
DAB Security Systems is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy and rights when it comes to information processing. We are also committed to maintaining compliance with current data protection legislation, any future legislation that comes into force as and when required, and to maintain transparency about how we process personal data.In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) this policy outlines how we collect and process your personal information, who has access to your personal information and details of your rights as an individual to control how your personal information is processed by us. In this policy, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean DAB Security Systems, which is a trading name of Security Systems Group Hadleigh ltd. registered office Unit 3, Charfleets Farm Way, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 0PG., ‘you’ means the person the information relates to, ‘keyholder’ means a person or persons nominated by you that we may need to contact.How we use the information we hold about you
This policy applies to information held about customers, possible future customers, keyholders, suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about. By ‘information’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store. This may include your name, address, contact information and device identifiers including internet protocol (IP) address.
Where this information comes from
We collect, use and store information about you, your keyholders to provide you with the services you have asked us for and to share information with you about services that may be of interest to you.
You may provide this information direct to us, for example by the way you communicate or do business with us, such as:
- enquiring for our products or services;
- using our telephone services, websites or mobile applications;
- writing to us;
- giving information to us at any other time, including through social media.
How we use your information
We use this information:
- to provide our services to you;
- help us develop new and improved products and services to meet our customers’ needs;
- to carryout checks for security purposes and to confirm your identity before we provide services to you;
- to communicate with you;
- to keep you informed about products and services you hold with us and to send you information about products or services which may be of interest to you;
- For training.
Sharing your information with others
We’ll keep your information confidential but we may share it in certain circumstances, for the purposes set out in this policy, with:
- our service providers and agents, including their subcontractors,
- anyone we transfer or may transfer our rights, duties, debts or assets to.
The people and organisations listed above will also have to keep it secure and confidential.
We may be required to share your information as follows:
- with any other person or organisation after a restructure, sale or takeover of DAB Security Systems or debt, as long as that person uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally given to us or used by us (or both).
- If we have a duty to reveal it, if it is needed to manage your account, or if a law or regulation allows us to do so for legitimate business purposes or with your permission.
Information about other people
If you give us information about other people (such as keyholders) which we will use to provide services as set out in this policy, you are confirming that you have provided those people with a copy of this policy.
How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as is needed for the purposes set out above. If you close your account or you decide not to go ahead with a product or service following an enquiry, we’ll still keep your information. We’ll do this for as long as we’re allowed to for legitimate business purposes or until you specifically request that we remove your information from our database.
You have rights relating to the way that we use your information, you have the right to:
- Ask us to send you (or someone you nominate) a copy of the information we hold about you,
- Ask us to correct or delete any incorrect or incomplete information we hold about you (we will correct any information we believe is incorrect or incomplete);
- Ask us to stop using your information (we will stop using your information if there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use it);
- Ask us to transfer certain personal information to you or to another organisation, including service providers, in a format they can use where this is technically possible (known as the ‘right to data portability’);
- Ask us to transfer a copy of some of your information to you or to another organisation, including service providers, where this technically possible.
- Withdraw any permission you have previously given to allow us to use your information;
- Ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- writing to us at The Data Protection Officer, DAB Security Systems Unit 3, Charfleets Farm Way, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 0PG.
We may use your personal information to send you offers, discounts or recommendations based on the products you hold or the services you subscribe to with us. We will stop using your personal information for these purposes if you ask us to stop sending you all types of marketing messages (that is marketing messages by post, email, phone and text message).
To use any of the rights set out above, or to discuss any other issue relating to your information, please contact us using the methods set out in the ‘Contact us’ section.
If you have any concerns about the way we use your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the use of personal information within the UK. You can contact them by:
- Going to their website at https://ico.org.uk;
- Calling them on 03031231113; or
- Writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
We may make changes to this notice and how we use your information in the future. If we do this, we’ll post an updated version of this notice on our website. You can find the current version of this notice, which explains how we’ll use your information, by visiting our website at www.dabsecuritysystems.co.uk.
You can contact us in the following ways:
- Telephone – 01702 552288 or 01268 691919
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Writing to DAB Security Systems, Unit 3, Charfleets Farm Way, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 0PG.
If you would like more information on your rights, or you want to exercise them, please send a request via email or post.
You can contact our data protection officer at: The Data Protection Officer, DAB Security Systems, Unit 3, Charfleets Farm Way, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 0PG.
Date 22 May 2018
Version No. 02/18